Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Game - LAX (Review & Mediafire DL) - Rapidshare, Megaupload


Review:
The Game, L.A.X. (Geffen, 2008)

Despite his being kicked out of G-Unit and disowned by Dr. Dre, the Game's last album, Doctor's Advocate, somehow managed to be the rare commercial rap album that's actually worth a shit. Can he repeat that feat here, or was it just a fluke?

INTRO

The Ronnie Dobbs of hip-hop, DMX, kicks things off with a prayer. Hilarious. X pronounces Jayceon the same way Ras Kass does. Or is that how it's pronounced?

LAX FILES

It's been too long since (I'll admit) I watched the first season of the X Files, but I think this beat might incorporate that series' theme. Hmm... Also, the Game, whom I don't anyone has ever regarded as technically gifted, kicks this awkward doubletime flow.

STATE OF EMERGENCY
Another confession: I used to own that shitty anti-globalization video game that shares a title with this song. I think I lost it in a move. Or maybe I still have it somewhere. Who knows? Anyhoo, I'm feeling this a bit more than that first one. It's got old, irrelevant Ice Cube on the chorus (and just the chorus, thank god), as well as that Ohio Players synth squeal that you find in so much West Coast rap.

BULLETPROOF DIARIES

Speaking of being old and irrelevant, Raekwon drops some guest raps on this. If him and the Game were actually in the studio together at all, I'm sure the two of them commiserated about trying to put an album out with that damn Dr. Dre.

MY LIFE

Question: Why is it that every major label rap album that comes out these days has gotta have a song with Lil' Wayne on it? Man, funk dat! ...read more by Byron Crawford of ByronCrawford.com


Your Lax hip-hop album Downloads (Mediafire / meagaupload):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PIY3Z8LE

(http://www.mediafire.com/?9w5zdpu3tjx) <--dead link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

link broken

Anonymous said...

yeah link is broken